Thursday, May 20, 2004

Some Longer Prayers

Lord, help me to resist the foolishness that I can stay young forever, and let me not forget that as I grow older I grow closer to You.  Edward Grinnan, Daily Guideposts, 7 Dec 2002

Accept, Lord, our thanks and praise for all that You have given us in meeting our physical and material needs.  Grant that we may express our thanksgiving by sharing with others.  The Upper Room, 1 Jan 1986

Give me a stout heart to bear my own burdens, Give me a willing heart to bear the burdens of others.  Give me a believing heart to cast all burdens upon Thee.  John Baillie, A Diary of Private Prayer, 27th morning

Your power in my life, God, is greater than suffering's grip can ever be.  Help me to believe that.  Help me to live it.  Joni Tada, 21 November.

Father, Your love calms me and moves me forward with new understandings.  I surrender to Your care.  B.J. Funk, Daily Guideposts, 12 Nov 1989

Dear Lord, expose those areas of my life that I need to work on.  Roberta Messner, Daily Guideposts, 26 Nov 1996

No comments: