Sunday, May 16, 2004

Just For Today

I do not have to plan the rest of my life this morning.  All I have is today.  I do not need to worry about what will happen tomorrow.  All I need to be concerned about today is today's plan.

I make plans for things that need to be done, but I find time left over to use as the Spirit moves.  I will not decide today what I will do with that free time tomorrow.  Tomorrow will bring new possibilities and promptings.

Just for today, I will not worry about how hard things will be tomorrow.  Tomorrow I will have new strength and fresh insight.  Just for today, I will remember to stop and listen to the inner voice and follow where it leads.  When I follow it, there is adventure in the day and joy in my heart.

Lord, thank You for today.

Food for Thought, May 15, adapted by Richard E. Henthorn

No comments: