Sunday, January 12, 2014

In My Garden

Photo: Our kitchen garden by Mr. Dickie

You were with me in my garden today, Lord.
As I trimmed and admired my work,
I realized that You do the same with me!

It isn't always easy in my busy world, Lord.
And when it gets too busy, I come into my garden.
People ask, "Why do you add more work to your life?"
But they don't understand, Lord.

They don't know that You meet me in my garden.
As I dig in the dirt and plant new seeds,
as I transplant a geranium too large for its pot,
as I brush against the rosemary bush
and breathe deeply of its smell,
You are there.

Through my garden I am refreshed.
And I thank You, Lord, for showing me that
just as tilling soil and tending plants isn't a chore for me,
neither am I a chore for You.
Just as I trim and transplant to make my garden thrive, so You do with me, Your child.

For this lesson, and for the times that You refresh me,
I give You my greatest thanks and praise.
(Debbie Trafton O'Neal, in Prayers For Every Need, p. 48-9)
12 January 2014


No comments: