Saturday, March 18, 2006

Numbered Days

Please remind me that my days are numbered.  Teach me that my time here in this life is precious so that I will not waste it.  Help me to recognize how precious every moment is so that I spend it doing those things that will bring me closer to You.  In the time I have left, please teach me how to serve You, Dear God.  Teach me how to give joyously, share willingly, and love totally.  Remind me that I cannot serve in greed, doubt, fear or anger.  Fill my soul with Your light, so that your bountiful blessings will shine through my soul into the world.  Each day that I awake, I pray that You will be present in my thoughts, my words, and all of my deeds.  I ask that every moment that I have left in this life be a channel through which some measure of Your love and light may reach those with whom I come into contact.  (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 186)

No comments: