Tuesday, August 17, 2004

O God, the Father of lights, from whom cometh down every good and perfect gift: mercifully look upon our frailty and infirmity, and grant us such health of body as thou knowest to be needful for us; that both in body and soul we may evermore serve thee with all our strength; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  (John Cosin - 1595-1672)

Lord, teach me the art of patience while I am well, and give me the use of it when I am sick.  In that day either lighten my burden or strengthen my back.  Make me, who so often in health have discovered my weakness presuming on my own strength, to be strong in my sickness when I solely rely on thy assistance.  (Thomas Fuller - 1608-1661)

Lord, help us to differentiate between the important and the trivial in our lives.  (Three Minutes a Day, Vol. 38, March 29)

No comments: