Saturday, August 21, 2004

Morning Prayer

Father, I come to You this morning, asking You in Jesus' name, to take me, just as I am.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to guide me throughout this day.
Oh Lord, help me to be myself, striving to do better, and to look forward in appreciation to You, Father, for all Your Blessings around me.
I ask Your help in honesty, to You, myself, and others.
To admit my faults, I ask Your forgiveness and Your mercy and accept Your great love.
I ask You to help me read Your word, Lord Jesus and grant me the grace to go by Your promises and facts, not my feelings.
Please help me today, Lord, to take the opportunities You give me to share the goodness You have given me with others.
I thank You for this day, Lord, for the time You've given me.
Please help me to use it for Your honor and Your glory, in Jesus name.
 
  Amen.(Marlys Foster in The Lutheran Prayerbook)


 

No comments: