Wherever there has been a faithful following of the Lord in a consecrated soul, several things have sooner or later followed.
- Meekness and quietness;
- a submissive acceptance of the will of God;
- pliability in the hands of God;
- sweetness under provocation, calmness in the midst of turmoil and bustle;
- a yielding to the wishes of others and an insensibility to slights and affronts;
- absence of worry or anxiety;
- deliverance from care and fear.
God's glory and the welfare of His creatures become the absorbing delight of the soul.
(From The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith, found in, Flowers Along the Path by Esther Carls Dodgen, p. 127)
25 September 2015