Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Dearest God,
She gave me the gift of life and helped me learn to feel secure in this world.
She taught me with tolerance and a constant heartbeat of love.
She made me look for the opportunities that would come my way.
She pushed me to believe in myself.

She was always there pointing out the wonder of the moment,
the grace of a butterfly,
the dent she put in my car,
the flight of a seagull,
and the error of my ways.

Through the grief of loss and the joy of abundance,
Through times of disagreement and confrontation to times of understanding and peace,
From the tears that fell in pain, to the tears that came from side-splitting laughter,
I wouldn't change a single moment we've had together.

Surround her with Your love and compassion.
Enfold her in Your care and generosity.
Thank you, Mom, for life.
Thank You, God, for my mother.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom.
(Carla Flack in Prayers For Every Need, p. 260)
11 May 2014

No comments: