Sunday, January 1, 2006

New Year's Thoughts & Prayers

Lord, I pray that I have lived my life this past year in a way that pleased You.  (after Daily Wisdom for Women, 26 December)

The past is gone.  Today is full of possibilities.  With each breath I will be aware of the strength at hand.  (Each Day a New Beginning, 1 January)

Father, each day in this new year, please help me remember that You are in control of everything.  (Carol Kuyendall, Daily Guideposts, 1 Jan 2001)

Realizing that nothing can hurt me while I lean upon my Higher Power, I ask to be guided through the hours minutes of each day.  Let me remind myself to bring every problem to Him for I know He will show me the way I must go.  (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 1 January)

I resolve to live the coming year one day at a time, easing myself of the burdens of the past and the uncertainties of the future.  Whatever may come, I will meet it with a serene mind.  (source unknown)

I pray that all goes well for you.  I hope that you are strong in body, as I know you are in spirit.  (John III, 1:2, from Positive Thinking for Every Day of the Year by Norman Vincent Peale, 27 December)

 

No comments: