Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 186

Dear God,
Please remind me that my days are numbered.  Teach me that my time here in this life is precious so that I will not waste it.  Help me to recognize how precious every moment is so that I spend it doing those things that will bring me closer to You.  In the time I have left, please teach me how to serve You, Dear God.  Teach me how to give joyously, share willingly, and love totally.  Remind me that I cannot serve in greed, doubt, fear, or anger.  Fill my soul with Your light, so that Your bountiful blessings will shine through my soul into the world.  Each day that I awake, I pray that You will be present in my thoughts, my words, and all of my deeds.  I ask that every moment that I have left in this life be a channel through which some measure of Your love and light may reach those with whom I come in contact.

No comments: